My Blog List

Friday, July 15, 2011

Recycled T-Shirt dress

I was in bad need for some basic dresses for layering and paring with the scarfs I own. It had to be comfy and simple in construction, so I chose a basic knit dress from the book Built by Wendy: Home Stretch. I took two old T-Shirts of my boyfriend which he did not wear anymore because the collars were ripped.
 The dress was really easy to make- it took me about two hours in total and theres is nearly nothing of the shirts left, so no waste, which is a good thing!

  Can you see the little camel on the right? It was on one of the shirts and I managed to save it, so now it sits on my left hip! And there you have one picture with a bit layering! I thin it is great for this! So it is exactly what I wanted!

2 comments:

  1. Really cute! You look so good, and it's from recycled shirts too! haha Could you tell me, was the Built by Wendy patterns difficult to use? I heard the sizing is large, and one might have to choose the next size down or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice comment. Indeed the sizing is a bit weird. I took a nice fitting shirt I already had and changed the side of the pattern according to this (I hope this makes sense)!

    ReplyDelete