My Blog List

Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Blues

Have you seen the beautiful dresses Suzannah of Adventures in Dressmaking does? It is absolutely gorgeous how she alters dresspatterns into versatile garments. She uses a McCalls pattern for strapless dresses very often. This very pattern I bought off ebay and am want to try myself with it. It is McCalls 5849 a Hillary Duff pattern.

I am using this vintage fabric I bought in a package with some other vintage ones from ebay. It is wunderful dark blue with nice flowers on it. I think it is some kind of cotton and it is a bit structured. It might be that it is a little see through, so I think I have to line it fully.
Because it is strapless I will have to make a muslin of the dress first to get the fit right. I hope to post about my muslining progress soon.
Till than: Tschüss!

No comments:

Post a Comment